Resident Director in Turkey
American Cultural Exchange Service (ACES) is seeking a qualified Resident Director (RD) to work on site with a group of 12 US high school students for an approximately six-week program in Turkey through the National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y) Program. In Turkey, students will engage in language learning in both formal (language courses) and informal settings (host family living). The RD is required to attend a two-day pre-program training in Bellevue, WA (late May to early June), attend a student orientation in Washington D.C. (late June), represent ACES for the duration of the program (late June to mid-August), and submit reports during and immediately after the program.
NSLI-Y is a US State Department sponsored scholarship program funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. American high school students apply for merit-based scholarships to spend a summer, semester, or academic year studying less commonly taught languages in an international immersion setting. NSLI-Y encourages beginning, intermediate, and advanced language learners with a passion for learning languages, communicating across cultures, and living abroad to apply. Participants are U.S. high school students between 15 and 18 years of age, who have beginner, intermediate or advanced Turkish language skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Serve as an advisor/counselor for ACES program participants.
- Assist ACES and the host institution in proper program administration.
- Conduct in-home visits to all host families during the program.
- Accompany students on program activities including volunteer projects and field trips.
- Be present at the language school whenever students are in classes.
- Serve as a program representative to the host institution, host families, and program participants when necessary.
- Be available to participants at any time. When any emergencies arise, assist students as needed.
- Enforce all ACES rules and policies.
- Communicate regularly, including submission of program reports, to the ACES National Office.
- Report any problems regarding participants' health, academic performance, or behavior, and provide general group/program updates.
- Experience working with teenagers or high school students
- Ability to council teens
- Genuine understanding of American and Turkish cultures
- Proficient Turkish language skills – written and oral
- Native fluency in English
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Study, work, or extensive travel experience in Turkey
- Room & Board and round trip travel expenses from home city to Bellevue, WA for training.
- Room & Board and round trip travel expenses from home city to Washington, DC for orientation.
- Round trip international airfare from Washington, DC to the program site in Turkey.
- All excursions associated with the program.
- International Health and Accident insurance for duration of the program.
- Room and board in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Cell phone in Turkey
SALARY: Up to $4800. Commensurate with experience.
Please email the following to Michael@ExploreTheWorld.org. Please do not call.
A US-based media company is looking to hire freelance translators who are native Turkish speakers to translate and localize entertainment content from English to Turkish.
Must be fluent in English and have professional translating experience. Translators can be based anywhere.
Project begins immediately.
All work will be done remotely.
Please send cover letter, resume, and related samples to email@example.com
This list is based on information collected by AATT and may not be exhaustive.